We believe Crafts and Artisans have a meaningful and powerful role to play in our fast-changing environment, bringing resonance, differentiation, ethic and positive influence on how Tourism Destinations and Retailers position themselves to gain renewed interest and high value traffic from a qualified French audience:
1. Keeping revenue in local communities,
2. Helping Crafts techniques preservation and transmission from generations to generations
3. Limit intermediaries while maintaining a “made in” and “made by hand” culture
1. Renew retail offering through lesser-known product categories.
2. Introduce products that are trackable, sustainable, ethical, at the right price.
3. Promote smaller volumes, higher perceived value purchasing habits
4. Educate customers on products, how things are made, where they are coming from.
5. Nurture collaborations in between brands and artisans, helping develop new techniques and new product ranges.
An agency dedicated to Crafts, for Tourism Destinations and Retailers
Atelier ikiwa helps Tourism Destinations and Retailers design and implement Influence, marketing and communication strategies centred around Crafts and Artisans to target an affluent French audience.
Our clients are Retailers and Brands (Luxury, Fashion, Home…); Organisations or Corporations (Foundations, Trade Shows, Museums, Galleries, Institutions…) and International Tourism Destinations or Operators.
We target the French market, either B2B or B2C or both. France is an extremely mature and sophisticated market in both Retail and Outbound Tourism. French customers are a perfect fit for highly-valued Crafts experiences. They are curious, open-minded and know how to appreciate beauty when they see it. France’s own recognised luxury and artisanship culture means interest in Crafts is still rooted in everyday life. Additionally, French are high spenders when it comes to shopping and travelling*, making them a natural fit for Crafts as a soft-power strategy.
We are a small and agile marketing and communication agency, we can think, develop and implement projects from a wide scope of activities based on clients’ needs and objectives.
Atelier ikiwa’s crafts expertise spans multiple markets with a strong focus on Asia and Oceania.
Our approach is hands-on and focused on business, but also based on emotion and passion. We deliver relevant, tailor-made and highly operational solutions.
We help our clients redefine their product, brand or acquisition strategy through strong narrative integrating Crafts into the mix. .
Are you a Tourism Destination?
And you want to reinvent your narrative, bring in new guests who share your values whilst limiting the negative impact of mass-tourism?
Let us help you communicate on what is unique and sometimes overlooked from your Destination: your artisans and your crafts techniques, to win over the heart of your future guests, get them truly involved and move away from the clutter whilst benefiting your local communities. Tourism is at a turning point and now is the time to position your destination for what the future might look like.
You will want to nurture the bond between your guests and the destination, now more than ever, and create positive emotions for them which will generate loyalty.
Here is what we can do around Crafts for you:
- Deliver actions targeting a qualified B2B or B2C audience in France positioning your destination around Crafts narratives
- Develop and implement Integrated Marketing Communications campaigns showcasing the Destination’s Artisans, Crafts, Objects
- Media relations: deliver compelling Crafts stories to key medias, organise Destination trips for media or key opinion leaders
- Create all content as needed (photos, videos, copywriting, storytelling)
- Help Artisans from your Destination develop new business opportunities in France through Retail-visibility and collaborations
- Targeted Crafts/Design Trade Shows identification and participation
- Design and launch publications (books, magazines…)
Are you a Retailer?
Needing to attract a new qualified audience who is currently overwhelmed by standardisation and spoilt by choice and is not having you as their preferred destination to shop ?
Let us help you create exciting narratives showcasing never-seen before crafts products/techniques and artisans’ stories, renewing with true retail emotions and promoting ethical buying.
Here is what we can do around Crafts for you:
- Come up with strong retail narratives around Crafts and Craftsmanship (pop-up stores, events, showcases, exhibitions…)
- Articulate business plans and thorough trends and segmentation analysis to demonstrate potential
- Identify specific Crafts and Artisans (either through Destination focus or through techniques/products focus) to substantiate the narrative
- Curate Crafts retail tours in destinations based on briefing/needs
- Full or partial project management based on needs (from briefing proposal to full launch in store)
Discover our past projects
Some of our past projects included collaborations with some of Paris top museums to create beautiful narratives linking Art, Culture and Retail together. Other projects helped young Artisans and Artists gained visibility at an international level.
Learn more from past projects on our journal section